On The Day
Race number and timing tag
Your race number and timing tag will be available for collection either on the day from the Race Number tent, or on Saturday 19th August 10am - 12 noon from 3 Carr Lane Escrick YO19 6JQ. Please bring SAFETY PINS to attach your number.
You have been advised of your Race Number on 15th August by email. If you cannot see it in your inbox, please check in your Junk Mail folder. Hotmail has blocked our email altogether, so please check your race number here https://www.ukresults.net/2023...
You must wear your number and tag. If you fail to wear the tag then your time won't be recorded by the equipment.
Under no circumstances swap your number or give your place to another participant.
Getting here and parking:
- To help everyone avoid parking congestion we encourage attendees to car share where possible
- Car parking is at Queen Margaret’s School accessible from the school entrance on Skipwith Road.
- The postcode for users of satellite navigation is YO19 6EG.
- The car park will be open from 9:30am. Please allow enough time to park, and to get to the start line. We strongly suggest arriving no later than 10:30am.
- Parking is on grass, and is approximately 800m from the start line.
- Please do not park elsewhere in the village.
- For those preferring public transport, the Arriva 415 service runs between Selby and York. The Escrick stop is opposite the Sang Thai restaurant.
We have a limited number of disabled parking spaces available – please contact email@example.com at least a week before the run if you require one.
If you are coming by bike, we'd recommend parking at Escrick Village Hall which has brackets and toilets!
There are 3 sets of toilets available - portaloos on the Village Green, the Sports Centre toilets at Queen Margaret's School, and the Escrick Village Hall toilets.
The toilets on the Village Green get very crowded between 10.30 and 11.00 so we encourage you to use the toilets either at Queen Margaret’s School which are on the way from the car parking, or at Escrick Village Hall which is a few minutes walk from the Village Green (map).
Please do not use the Portable toilets for getting changed as this can cause queues.
A bag store is available at the village green. Items are left at your own risk.
A BBQ will be available on the village green serving bacon, sausage, chicken, vegan and vegetarian rolls for £3.50. There will also be cakes, tea, coffee and soft drinks - all priced at £1.50 (contactless payment is available). This will be available from 9.30 a.m. Note for vegans and vegetarians - the sausages are prepared on a separate hotplate, and the milks are Oatley Barista and Alpro Soya.
The Race itself:
- This race will start at 11.00am promptly, from the start line at the Village Green. Please assemble at 10.50am at the start line.
- Please ensure you are wearing a race number and a timing tag.
- Can you please only be at the front if you are a fast runner – 100 people complete the run in less than 45 minutes.
- There are prominent yellow arrows at every turn on the course. The course is well sign-posted, and marshals will be located at a number of points along the route to ensure competitors and spectator safety.
- An off road vehicle will be used at the front of the race to direct the runners.
- At all times follow the directions of the marshals
- The kilometre markers are not precise but have been located where you can see them
- There are speed humps on the road close to the start/finish.
- Be careful going through the gates into the school which have protruding edges
- The route in the woods is uneven and possibly be muddy in places
- There are electric fences in places in the woods. These are well back from the course and shouldn't impact runners, but if you sneak behind a tree for a pee you might get a shock.
- There is a crossing point in the woods where runners are going in both directions, but the marshal will ensure you head in the correct direction.
- The course is generally closed to public vehicles, but we cannot guarantee that the course is entirely free of vehicles, pedestrians and horse riders. Also wild animals, particularly deer, may stray onto the course, albeit these usually run away from people. Please keep a good look-out.
- When returning up the school drive, please keep to the left to allow cars to exit the car parks on the other side of the drive.
- Water is available at the 5km point. It should be noted that the event is being held on a morning in August, when the temperature and conditions could be demanding especially as you are running. Water will be available at the finish line.
- We have an emergency vehicle located by the course – contact your nearest marshal if in trouble
- The first aid post is next to the start/finish line manned by Medics UK. Medics on bikes will also follow the last runner.
- We do not prohibit the use of headphones, but please ensure these do not inhibit your ability to hear instructions from marshals or hear approaching vehicles.
- At the finish line, we will exchange your timing tag for a medal. Do not duck out!
- Enjoy the run
Timing is based on chip timing. Your timing tag will be collected after the race in the funnel area and exchanged for a medal.
Water will provided to all Entrants shortly after the Finish Line, along with a medal, and a choice of chocolate or cereal bars.
Race times and positions will be published on our website (through a link to ukresults.net) on the evening after the race.
Spectators are very welcome. The best locations are either at the start/finish line, or near the cricket pavilion 1km/9km marker. The rest of the course is inaccessible to spectators.
Prizes will be awarded to
1st, 2nd & 3rd Male and Female
Age Category Prizes:
Male >40, >50, >60 and >70
Female >40, >50, >60 and >70
The pedestrian route back to the car park runs along part of the course. Please give way to runners and keep to the sides where possible.
We will use an alternative car park exit from the lawn areas until 12:30pm to reduce the number of cars needing to cross the course, please follow the exit signs. Please keep to the 10mph speed limit and maintain a good look-out for pedestrians.
Please leave by 1pm, as the car park gates will be locked at this time.
We want the Escrick 10k to be an enjoyable and safe race, therefore we welcome feedback. In general it is best to contact us after the day with this, unless it is an immediate safety concern that needs addressing immediately on the day. Creating a queue of 25 cars whilst you argue with a car park marshal on your opinion of ways the parking can be improved, is not the right place nor time.
We will not tolerate aggression and unnecessary confrontation towards our volunteers. Anyone exhibiting aggression or unnecessary confrontation towards our volunteers will be disqualified and barred from future events.
The legal bit:
Remember, your participation in the event is subject to our terms and conditions.