Volunteers are essential to the smooth running of the event.
We need volunteers to help in various areas. This includes:
- setting up the village green - putting up the marquee and other facilities (Saturday afternoon);
- car park coordinators - helping direct cars in the parking areas at QM's school (from 09:30am - 11am on Sunday morning - suits confident bossy people with big arms!);
- course marshals - positioned around the course to help ensure runners go the right way and give them a supportive cheer (from about 10:45 - 12:15 on Sunday morning - a chance to see bits of the Estate not normally open to the public, and suitable for taking children along too);
- village green roles - including giving out race numbers, mementoes, and manning the bag storage area (all morning - less walking than other roles!);
- timing funnel - ensuring we accurately capture finishing order and times (from about 11:30 on Sunday morning);
- packing up the village green (Sunday afternoon).
If you are able to assist please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact phone number, (and any preference for where you might help) and we will contact you about 3 weeks before the race.