- Organiser – Escrick 10k Organising Committee.
- The Event – the Escrick 10k multi-terrain race of approximately 10,000 metres in length via the course notified through Escrick Park Estate arranged by the Organisers.
- Entrant – a person intending to take part in the Event
- The Website – the Organiser’s website – http://www.escrick10k.co.uk
Entry to the race:
- Entrants must read, understand, and agree to these terms and conditions to register for and participate in the Event.
- Entrants must register in advance, ahead of the stated deadline, to take part in the Event. The deadline for completion of registrations is stated on the Website.
- Entrants must complete the registration form accurately and in its entirety.
- Entrants must be at least 15 years of age on the date of the Event.
- Under UK Athletic rules and regulations, entrants under the age of 18 years must obtain parental consent in order to register and participate in the event.
Suitability to take part:
- Entrants agrees that, as far as they are aware, they are physically fit to compete in the Event and, to the extent that it may be necessary, they have sought and acted upon any medical advice before the date of the Event.
- Entrants are responsible to ensure their suitability to take part in the Event. Entrants agree that the Organiser has no responsibility to assess the medical suitability of Entrants to take part in the race.
- Should any medical or physical condition arise prior to the Event that is likely to affect the Entrant’s ability to compete in the Event, the Entrant should withdraw from the Event.
- Entrants must notify the Organiser of any medical condition that would affect their treatment in the event of an incident during the event. Entrants should also note any such requirements on the back of their race number to assist with emergency treatment on the day.
- Entrants consent to any medical treatment being administered during the Event by official medically qualified personnel.
- Entrants must ensure that they have the suitable equipment, footwear and clothing for the Event.
- Entrants must collect their race number prior to the event and clearly display their race number on their vest or t-shirt.
- Race numbers are non-transferable and cannot be used by any person other than the Entrant to whom it is allocated.
- Entrants must be at the start line by the stated race start time. No late starters will be permitted.
- Entrants must complete the race, or otherwise vacate the course, within 90 minutes of the stated race start time. The course will be closed at that time.
- Entrants must notify the Organiser at the earliest opportunity of any concerns they have about the safety of the event.
- The Organiser accept no liability for the state or condition of the surface upon which the Event is held and the Entrant should ensure that he/she is satisfied with the state and condition of the surface of the route before commencing the Event.
- Entrants must pay a registration fee to register for the event (“Registration Fee”).
- The Registration Fee is non-refundable, except in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Online registrations may also incur an administration fee payable to the online booking system provider – these fees are not refundable.
Amendment or Cancellation:
- The Organiser will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the event goes ahead as planned.
- The Organiser may at its sole discretion cancel the Event, amend the start time, or amend the course (including for the avoidance of doubt varying the length of the course) at any time before or during the Event. Entrants agree that the Organiser’s decision is final.
- Entrants will not attempt to run the race if it is cancelled.
- In the event of a cancellation the Organiser will:
- Use reasonable endeavours to notify the Entrant at the earliest opportunity via the Entrant’s email address provided during registration;
- Use reasonable endeavours to propose an alternative date for the Event.
- In the event of a cancellation for reasons within the Organisers’ reasonable control or if the event is cancelled due to lack of participants:
- Entrants shall be entitled to apply for a refund of the Registration Fee;
- Applications for refunds must be made within 30 days of the notification of the cancellation of the event, after which point any unclaimed refunds shall be considered as donations to the Escrick Playing Fields Association.
- In the event of a cancellation for a “Force Majeure Event” (meaning an event beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser, including but not limited to: failure of a utility service or transport network, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation, direction or action by a government or public authority, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, inclement weather or flood):
- Entrants shall not be entitled to a refund of the registration fee.
- In any event the Organiser shall not be liable to pay Entrants any costs (including but not limited to the costs of transport and/or accommodation for the Event) nor be liable to Entrants for any losses incurred as a result (including as a result of its negligence) except in respect of losses that cannot be excluded by law.
- The Organiser shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure that appropriate First Aid assistance will be available for the duration of the Event.
- Volunteers and marshals in attendance at the race are not medically trained and will not give medical assistance other than requesting a First Aider, ambulance or paramedic in the event that medical assistance is required.
- Entrants authorise the Organiser to pass on any and/or all information that he/she has provided to the medical teams operating on the day of the Event. Entrants should also note any such medical requirements on the back of their race number to assist with emergency treatment on the day.
- Personal belongings and items of clothing may be deposited prior to the race in the designated areas. However, the Organiser and officials do not accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for the safekeeping or the storage of those items which are stored and deposited entirely at the risk of the Entrant.
Vehicles and Parking:
- Entrants use any car parking facilities provided by the Organiser at their own risk.
- The Organiser accepts no liability for any loss or damage to vehicles or other property in the parking areas provided.
Facilities and Viewing:
- Entrants should follow the guidance provided by marshals on the day – save where they regard that such guidance would create a risk to property or persons – in which case they should make their concerns known to the marshal(s).
- Do not bring bikes, scooters, roller skates, pets or other animals onto the course or the Village Green.
- The only public viewing areas are the public areas of Escrick village (the village green and Carrs Meadow). Only Entrants participating in the race are allowed along the remainder of the route.
- Entrant’s personal details will be stored for purposes of this event, and to contact Entrants about future Escrick 10k events.
- Entrants who do not wish to receive further communication from the Escrick 10k should notify email@example.com. Entrants have the right to access records held by the Organiser subject to a £10 administration fee.
- Entrants agree that their name, age group, and finishing time will be published publicly on the Organiser’s website after the Event.
- The Entrant consents to the Event being photographed, filmed, recorded or exploited by means of television, film, video or some other broadcast or media format and agrees to the use and reproduction of his/her name, likeness, appearance and photograph. Any commercial rights in relation to the same belong entirely to the Organiser and the Participant has no proprietary rights in relation to any film, photograph or other such recorded media.
Limitation of liability:
- Except as provided in point 5 below, the Organiser shall not be liable for any injury or loss occurring as a result of participation in the Event (including, without limitation, any losses resulting from the Organiser’s negligence).
- Except as provided in point 5 below, the Organiser’s total liability, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise in respect of any losses arising out of or in connection with the Event shall be limited to a sum equal to the total entry fee paid by the Entrant to the Organiser.
- The Entrant agrees to indemnify the Organiser in relation to any claims, action, liabilities or losses resulting from any breach of these conditions by the Entrant.
- Except in respect of losses relating to death or personal injury resulting from the Organiser’s negligence, obtaining insurance for personal accident and loss as a result of the Event is the sole responsibility of the Entrant.
- Nothing in these terms shall limit or exclude the Organiser’s liability in respect of death or personal injury resulting from its negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- If any part of these terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the remainder will not be affected.
- These terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Organiser may vary these terms from time to time by publishing updated terms on the event website, and notifying existing Entrants of the new terms. The new terms shall take effect from the date of their publication unless otherwise stated.
- No waiver by either party of a breach or default or any amendment to these terms and conditions shall be affective unless in writing and signed by all parties.
- If an Entrant fails to comply with any part of these conditions then their entry to the race may be cancelled and any Registration Fee paid is forfeited.