Joining instructions, including your race number, have been sent out about a week before the race.
If you don't received an email - check your junk mail - or you can download a copy here.
On the day
Car parking is at Queen Margaret’s School accessible from the school entrance on Skipwith Road. The postcode for users of satellite navigation is YO19 6EG.
Parking is on grass, and is approximately 800m from the start line. Please allow enough time to park and get to the start line. The car park will be open from 09:30am. It is a great help if you can share cars where possible.
Please do not park elsewhere in the village.
For those preferring public transport, the Arriva 415 and 416 services run between Selby and York. The Escrick stop is opposite the church.
We have a limited number of disabled parking spaces available – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01904 728424 at least a week before the run if you require one.
Collecting Your Number:
Your race number and timing tag will be available from Race Control which is situated near the start line on the village green. Please allow sufficient time to collect this.
In addition to your race number, you will be given a matching numbered envelope which contains a shoe tag, to fasten to the top of the shoe, and two twist ties.
Thread the twist ties under and then up through the laces, then pass the ties upwards through the holes in the tags and twist together.
At the end of the race, these will be cut off, so don't thread your laces through the tags, only use the twist ties!!
If you fail to attach the tag to your shoe then your time won't be recorded by the equipment.
Once the tag is in place, your time will be recorded each time you cross the mats, at both start and finish. Your first time seen by the equipment will be used to calculate your overall gun and nett times.
Please remember to bring safety pins to attach your race number to your top.
We have three sets of toilets available:
- Queen Margaret’s School Sports Hall (by the car-park). These are open 9.30 – 10.45 a.m.
- Portable toilets on the Village Green, including a urinal block. Please do not use the Portable toilets for getting changed as this can cause queues.
- Escrick Village Hall – about 5 minutes walk from the start line, where we are also able to offer space to get changed if required.
There won’t be enough for everyone to spend a penny five minutes before the start of the race. Please plan ahead!
There will be a supervised area for leaving bags and clothing in the main marquee on the village green.
A BBQ will be available on the village green serving bacon, sausage, chicken and vegetarian rolls for £2.50. There will also be cakes, tea, coffee and soft drinks - all priced at 50p. This will be available from 9.30 a.m.
The Race itself:
- This race will start at 11.00am promptly, from the start line at the Village Green. Please assemble at 10.50am at the start line.
- Please ensure you have a race number and a timing tag.
- Can you please only be at the front if you are a fast runner – 100 people complete the run in less than 45 minutes.
- At all times follow the directions of the marshals
- There are prominent yellow arrows at every turn on the course. The course is well sign-posted, and marshals will be located at a number of points along the route to ensure competitors and spectator safety.
- An off road vehicle will be used at the front of the race to direct the runners.
- The kilometre markers are not precise but have been located where you can see them
- There are speed humps on the road close to the start/finish.
- Be careful going through the gates into the school which have protruding edges
- The route in the woods is uneven and possibly be muddy in places
- There is a crossing point in the woods where runners are going in both directions, but the marshal will ensure you head in the correct direction
- There is a water station at the half way mark. It is advisable that all competitors drink sufficient water prior to the run. It should be noted that the event is being held on a morning in August, when the temperature and conditions could be demanding especially as you are running.
- We have an emergency vehicle located by the course – contact your nearest marshal if in trouble
- The first aid post is next to the start/finish line manned by Medics UK
- At the finish line, we will be collecting your timing tags. Do not duck out!
- Enjoy the run
Prizes will be awarded to
1st, 2nd & 3rd Male and Female
Age Category Prizes: Male >40, >50, >60 and >70
Female >35, >45, >55 and >65
Timing is now based on chip timing. Your timing tag will be collected after the race in the funnel area.
Water will provided to all Entrants shortly after the Finish Line, along with an Escrick 10k branded shopping trolley token and pen and a choice of chocolate or cereal bars.
Race times and positions will be published on our website or through a link to ukresults.net on the evening after the race.
The pedestrian route back to the carpark runs along part of the course. Please give way to runners and keep to the side signposted.
We will use an alternative car-park exit until 12:30pm to avoid cars needing to cross the course.
The legal bit:
Remember, your participation in the event is subject to our terms and conditions.